Happy Valentines Day 2020
Written By Jennifer Duty
Happy Valentines Day Everyone. Please spread love and joy every day.
Chocolate Guinness Cake
One of the ways I spread love and joy is through baking. I love to bake. It makes me happy. This recipe can be used for Valentine's Day or St Patrick’s Day, both?
Yes. A couple of my guys like Guinness beer. I came across this recipe in 2011, by Marjorie Henning in the magazine Country Woman. It is so moist. How can you go wrong with chocolate and cream cheese?
Ingredients for Cake
1 Cup Guinness (dark beer)
1/2 cup butter (cubed)
2 Cups sugar
3/4 cup baking cocoa
2 eggs, beaten
2/3 cup sour cream
3 Teaspoons vanilla extract
2 Cups all-purpose flour
1-1/2 teaspoon baking soda
Ingredients for Topping
1 cream cheese package, 8oz., softened
1-1/2 cups confectioners sugar
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
1. Preheat oven 350 degrees.
2. Grease a 9-inch springform pan and line the bottom with parchment paper.
3. In a small saucepan, heat butter and beer until melted. Remove from heat, whisk in sugar and cocoa until blended. In a separate bowl combine eggs, sour cream, and vanilla. Whisk egg mixture into beer mixture until smooth. Pour batter into prepared baking pan.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack before removing sides of the pan.
5. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Add confectioners sugar and cream. Beat until smooth. Do not overbeat.
6. Remove cake from the cake and place it on your favorite cake plate. Ice the top of the cake so that it looks like a frothy pint of beer. Refrigerate any leftovers. Leftovers?
This cake will be consumed in one sitting.
This also is great for cupcakes.
Love and Joy
“PacificFlake, your local sea salt harvestry”
Sharon L James:
Thanks Jen, cake sounds delicious. Will try it soon.
Feb 08, 2020
Leave a comment